Friday, February 19, 2010

country corner, next stop willoughby

COUNTRY CORNER, FEB 5TH 2010

There was a man, who kept yelling “next stop Willoughby! does anyone
remember "next stop Willoughby" and someone said "twilight zone" and someone
else said "outer limits oh that’s a good one too!"

Alright then a shot for everyone in honor of Willoughby. And the
bartender gave me a shot of jack daniels in the dingiest shot glass I
have ever drank from, lipstick and fingerprints on the side, dust
bunnies and bits of food floated on top.

At the jukebox I chose a couple of 50’s tunes, the mood being retro
and all but the music that played was not the music I had chosen
although the era was correct. The Willoughby man raised his glass and
asked me to dance. What could I do, he was buying the shots?
Three girlswalked in only interesting because they were young and able to walk,
instantly becoming the darlings of the bar. They were confused by the
lavish attention and not having publicists or handlers or instruction
available they left as they had arrived, upright and shuffling sad,
1 pint heavier but no wiser.
I would have been grateful if they had convinced the young man,
who was tending bar, to pull his pants up so they covered his undergarments.
I don’t even think they tried, I don’t think they even minded.
Their silence might have encouraged him.

The Sweet G and I watched the episode next stop Willoughby on hulu and researched
Willoughby, ohio, which looks like a good place to visit especially the Willoughby
brewing company during their monthly festivus or weekly ladies night or any time the Geezercats are playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment